Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year, New Me, New You

Well, I live in the mountain time zone of the United States and that means I have 53 minutes left 'till I ring in the New Year! Yay, yet there is still a tugging at my heart, am I ready for a new year, am I ready for change? I fear change. I hate having to change something that I already know. Maybe changing my room and changing my hair or the brand of makeup I wear, but not the type of change that affects the whole world. A new president will be elected in 2012, meaning new laws and new people running for office. A new school year will start next august and I will become a junior, I will start preparing for college applications, and start driving. All this seems like so much fun, but yet there is that little voice that makes me want to scream and somehow stop time. I'm not ready to move on, I want to go back into the past and redo all the crazy stuff I have done. I read a book today and it talked about how (from a religious stand point) God closes one door for a reason and will open one that seems better. God has better reasons and ways for us then we may think for ourselves. Yet, how will we know which door to open? We can't look into the future and we can only wait to see what will occur. I am excited to see what will happen in my life, if I get a job, if I get a boyfriend, if I letter in the activities I want to for school. Yet, I just want to go back in time and stay a little kid. I didn't worry about presidents, or laws, wars, even boys. I just worried about coloring in the lines and learning that a lot was two words and not one. I HOPE that this year will be different from the rest. That I will stick to my new year's resolution... to lose 20 pounds by summer and that I won't judge merely by how a person may look, talk, or act. If I can do it, anyone can do it. :) Let's open up some champagne and dance 'till the break of dawn! Party it up like there is no tomorrow, because who knows if today could be our last. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment